REGISTER NOW for Summer Season
UpdatedThursday May 9, 2019 byProspects.
REGISTER NOW Here
We are opening registration for our Summer season NOW. We have a NEW practice location at Justice HS fields (grass and turf). The Justice HS is near Seven Corners off Route 7. This is a perfect centrally located venue for proximity to most of our players (Arlington, Alexandria, FC, Annandale, and McLean).
Costs: Our plan is to only field HS teams (8th Grade - 12th Grade). We will field at least 1 team, maybe 2 with interest. We have significantly reduced our summer price ($875 for 3-4 tournaments). If you use last year's uniform, players receive a $50 discount off the registration rate. We have established an optional installment plan (every 2 weeks): $425 Initial, $250 June 1, $200 June 14.
Costs include: Uniform, area HS coaches 2-3 per team, at least 3 tournaments, practices, and administration costs. Compare to other area teams, we are more than 1/2 their cost.
Schedule: We are still figuring out our schedule, but the framework will look like the following:
- Tuesday/Thursday Practices (6:30-8pm) at Justice HS, starting June 6, 2019.
- Tournament in Annapolis (6/15-16)
- Tournament in Richmond (6/22-23)
- Tournament in DC Area (6/29), two day tournament or one day tournament
- Considering 1-Day tournament in Leesburg (7/13), if we attend 6/29 one day tournament
Coaches: Our coaches are all established HS coaches in the area actively coaching area HS teams! Prospects stresses a competitive atmosphere to gain confidence and experience playing lacrosse. Get better and have fun at the same time!
- Coach Evan Rodger serves as our Prospects High School teams Head Coach. Coach Rodger hails from McLean, VA where he played three years for McLean High School before taking his talents to Clemson University. There he joined the Men's Club Lacrosse team in the Spring of 1999 and played four seasons later becoming Club President and Head Coach. He's coached Prospects Lacrosse since 2016 at various levels, to include U9 and High School. During the school year he's the Washington - Lee HS Head JV Coach for the past eight years. Coach Rodger also teaches at Washington – Lee HS full-time and is passionate about making lacrosse competitive in a fun environment.
- Coach Robale Namen has been coaching lacrosse for five years in the Northern Virginia area at Justice HS. Coach Namen has served as the JV Head Coach and Varsity Assistant Coach when he was selected as the National District Assistant Coach of the Year (2017). In addition to High School, coach Namen has worked with the Annandale Youth Lacrosse and Falls Church Youth Lacrosse organizations as part of his passion to help spread the game of lacrosse. This is his second year coaching Prospects and he is excited to help develop the young athletes on the team.
Projected 2019 Coaches / Past Prospect Coaches:
- Coach Mike Mene hails from Newark, DE where he played four years for Newark High School before taking his talents to Marymount University. He joined the Men's Lacrosse team in the Spring of 2012 as an attackman and played four seasons graduating as a starting Midfielder in 2016. Prospects is fortunate to have Coach Mene as a coach the past two summers, where he has promoted the concept of moving without the ball and how imperative it is to the game. During the regular season, Mike coaches at the Varsity level for Washington - Lee HS for the past five seasons.
- Coach Mark Gannon is a native of Bethesda, MD, where he played lacrosse and football at Walt Whitman High School. A captain and four-year starter in goal for the Vikings, he earned US Lacrosse All-American honors as a senior and was selected to the Maryland All-State game. Coach Gannon continued his lacrosse career at the University of Pennsylvania, starting every game in goal during his senior season in 2003 and recording 10 or more saves in 8 of those games. Mark was also a captain, Academic All-Ivy selection, and four-time All-League selection at tailback for Penn's Sprint Football team, winning a CSFL championship during the Quakers' undefeated 2000 campaign. His primary focus is Goalies, however, he's well versed in all aspects of the game. This will be his second summer coaching Prospects and he's expecting big things this summer.